1. Introduction to GPS MAX-7 Easy
MAX-7C is a GPS module from Ublox. With the special features of Ublox 7 multi - GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS). The MAX-7 series offers high accuracy and sensitivity while the system is maintained by low power. The MAX-7C is optimized for high-sensitivity positioning applications that are cost-competitive.
MAX-7C, with its compact size (10.1x9.7x2.5mm), high precision and sensitivity, MAX-7C is perfectly suitable for a broad range of M2M applications such as portable device, automotive, personal tracking, security and industrial PDA, especially suitable for special applications, like GPS mouse and OBD.
Wishing to bring the superior features of the MAX-7C module to the user, AT-COM designs and delivers the GPS MAX-7 Easy product to take advantage of the ability of the MAX-7 c additional features and Add-ons such as: 3V3 and 5V interfaces, patch antenna integrated on board, steady status indicator Led, battery back up. In addition to its compact size, handy data output, GPS MAX-7 Easy will bring you the most modern and sophisticated design inspiration.
2. Design Diagram of GPS MAX-7 Easy
3. Features of GPS MAX-7 Easy
- The power supply for the board is 3.3V and 5V is supplied from the pins 3V3, 5V, GND according to the ATCBus standard.
- The MAX-7C module operates at a voltage range of 1.65-3.6V, with the GPS MAX-7 Easy product, module designed to run at 3.3V to ensure stable features.
- The board uses the Si2302 MOSFET for the UART (TXD, RXD), EXTINT, SDA, and SCL interfaces. The MAX7C can communicate with microcontrollers either 3V3 or 5V. Users can choose the interface with 3V3 or 5V voltage through 0R resistor (size 0805) at I/O Level 3V3 or 5V, default when producing 0R resistor at 5V.
- The outstanding feature of the GPS MAX-7 Easy is the integrated patch antenna on the board. AT-COM has built-in Jinchang's GPS Dielectric Antenna JCJZ2520 with a frequency of 1,575.42 MHz and a size of 25 x 25 x 2 mm, combining standard design with the use of amplifiers and signal filters for Patch Antenna optimizes the ability to capture coordinates.
- Board has integrated Led displays the steady position: light on/off at 1 Hz when the MAX-7C detects coordinates from the satellite and locates the position (in 3D).
- Battery back up on the circuit helps the MAX-7C store location information and launch faster at subsequent times. Battery is a rechargeable 3.1V MS412FE-FL26E of Seiko, recharged via integrated charger on the circuit.
- The GPS MAX-7 Easy is supported by the ATCBus connectivity standard, so it can be paired with products that support ATCBus for navigation applications, and vehicle tracker, etc.
4. Dimension of GPS MAX-7 Easy